Friday, August 22, 2008

Seventh

The first day of school.  Exciting changes for students and parents alike.

S began first grade with Mrs. H.  He has not historically been forthcoming with details from his day.  I thought I was pretty smart when I asked him to tell me three things he noticed his first day of school.  His response:  "Mrs. H is a girl";"Our room rocks";no third.  I'll have to come up with a new strategy.  I know he'll make huge strides this year, I'll just have to watch and learn.

K came home bubbling with information about her first day.  She is learning to move into new challenges more easily.  This is a development in her personality and I am proud of her.  She loves her new teachers.  She can't get her locker open by herself yet, but is dealing with this well.  She has solemnly sworn to make good food choices at lunch.  I am excited to see which band instrument she picks.

1 comment:

Greta Songe said...

man, those are some cool kids!