Sunday, November 29, 2009

Christmas decorating


Every year since the kids have been born, Nana has given them a Christmas ornament engraved with the date and a special event from that year. For example, "kindergarten" for the first year of school, "311 4th Ave" for our first move or "fired up and ready to go" from Barack Obama's campaign speech in Grinnell. As the kids helped me decorate the tree this year, we read the inscriptions and reminisced. A lovely new tradition.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your space and it is full of happy memories! I am sorry that I did not come over Christmas time. I spent some days with friends watching some movies and cooking together. Then I spent the other days in my dorm because of the terribly cold weather.
You guys seem to have a great vacation, and wish you a wonderful starting for 2010.
--- Wenyang Qian
PLUS: I am just starting using blogs on Wordpress. So don't laugh at me...