I'm not sure when (in time) to start, so I will just start now. For some time, I have been considering a blog as a way to record our lives. I have dreams of diaries, journals, even scrapbooks, but have a hard time following through. At all. Even more than one or two days. The longest log I have of life is the count kept at work of how many people I see a day. My dad started years ago keeping this record. Every day for almost 10 years it has been written down. For me, not by me. So I hope I can use this blog to keep track of the beautiful, precious time that is now. I already ache for the loss of this wonderful time to a time when the kids won't be always where I know they are, won't need me in the same ways and won't think I am (most often) great. Patience, I need so much more to be a good mother, I wish it would come more easily.

s has been drawing amazing pictures (of pokemon and battles, his favorite topics right now). His images are full of nice lines and are filling the pages. He sat mesmerized for close to an hour by an Italian opera on TV today. He told me his friends tell him that webkinz are for girls.
We discussed that.

K continues to take amazing care of her rabbit Mopette. Her social schedule is getting busy and that is tiring for her. She took a long nap to recharge. They both start art camp tomorrow.
I rode with Brother C today, faster than I thought I could. My knee is feeling better, so I am optimistic but I have lots of training before RAGBRAI.
1 comment:
Sister, we are so much more a like than I realize sometimes. I have several started journals, consisting of 1 or 2 entries, never to be written in again. I think you'll like blogging. After 5 years, I actually look forward to writing my next post instead of seeing it as something I should/have to do.
I like the blue. It makes me think of Lulu and all those special memories.
Post a Comment